Speaking & Consulting
In addition to writing, I enjoy speaking and providing consultation.
Below are some of the areas I specialize in. I provide half day, full day or weekend or weeklong sessions provided in person presentations, as well as electronic delivery.
Attitudinal Assessment & Positivity Coaching
Best Practice Development & Delivery
Board Development & Engagement
COA Hague Accreditation for International Adoption
Developing & Writing a Strategic Plan
Effective Outreach & Marketing
Embracing Change & Growth
HRC All Children All Families Seal of Approval Application
Incident Reviews & Assessments
Licensing Visit Preparations
Managing Stress in the Workplace
Parenting Workshops & Coaching
Policy and Procedure Writing & Implementation
Pre-Parenthood Adoption Education
Quality Assurance & Improvement
Strategic Thinking & Restructuring
Strengthening Organizational Reputation
I enjoy customizing trainings, support and coaching to meet individual and organizational needs. I utilize a positive strength based approach to my service delivery. I love working with professionals and present in a conversational style, providing examples and engaging participants. I love challenges and creative problem solving.
Non-Profit professional and educator. 28 years of program development, management, supervision, direct service and policy development and implementation, marketing, public speaking and experience within the fields of education, child welfare and developmental disabilities. Parent mentor and coach and mother of ten children!
Sampling of Past Presentations: Prepared and presented at various forums including conferences, in-services and workshops.
– Adoption and Identity
– Adoption and Religion
– Adoption of the At-Risk Child
– CAPTA and Adoption Opportunities
– Child Identity ~ Quality, Security and Permanency
– Considering the Adoption of Children with Special Needs
– Coping with Infertility
– Creating a Cultural Continuity Plan for Our Children
– Developing a Circle of Friends for Children with Special Needs
– Elimination Of Barriers To Adoptions Across Jurisdictional Boundaries
– Exploring Transracial Adoption: The Shift from “Color Blind” to “Color Conscious”
– Grief and Loss
– Including Children With Disabilities In The Community
– Infant Adoption: Is It Possible?
– Myths and Fears in Open Adoption
– Non-Profit Management
– Social Media and Adoption Today
– Spiritual Parenting: How to instill the very best within one’s children; and ways to cultivate spiritually rooted children and families
– Talking About Adoption ~ Social, Emotional and Values Development
– Understanding Long Term Issues with Transcultural Adoption
– Understanding Adoption Today